Are you looking for recipe inspiration Coconut Layer Cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Coconut Layer Cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Coconut Layer Cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Coconut Layer Cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Coconut Layer Cake adalah 12 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook Coconut Layer Cake estimated approx 2 hours.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Coconut Layer Cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Coconut Layer Cake use 19 type of material and 6 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Coconut Layer Cake:
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 24 oz unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 1/4 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt + 1/8 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar + 1/8 tsp.
- 12 oz jar orange marmalade
Steps to make Coconut Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper.
- Place 4 cups of the coconut in a blender and pulse until finely ground. Spread the ground coconut on a baking sheet. On a separate baking sheet spread the remaining coconut. Toast both sheets for 7 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally until lightly golden, let cool.
- Into a large bowl sift the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda. In another large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the 1 1/2 sticks of butter with the coconut oil, sugar, salt and cardamom at medium-high speed until light about 3 minutes. Beat in the ground toasted coconut. Beat the 3 eggs, one at a time until incorporated. At low speed beat in the flour mixture and Buttermilk in 3 alternating batches, starting and ending with the flour.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the cakes are deep golden and springy. Transfer the cakes out and peel off parchment. Cut each cake in half horizon tally to create 4 layers.
- Frosting: In a large saucepan, boil the sugar, honey and 3/4 cup of water over moderately high heat until the syrup registers 240°F. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk, beat the egg whites at medium speed until foamy, beat in salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. With the mixer on, drizzle the hot syrup down the side of the bowl. Once all the syrup is added, beat the frosting at high speed until shiny and thick (11 minutes). Let cool.
- Set a cake layer cut side up on a plate. Spread one third of the marmalade over the top then spread with 1/2 cup of the frosting, repeat with 2 more cake layers. Top with the last layer. Coat the cake with the remaining frosting. Cover with the toasted coconut.
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Coconut Layer Cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!