Are you looking for recipe inspiration Sticky ginger cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Sticky ginger cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Sticky ginger cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Sticky ginger cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Sticky ginger cake adalah 8 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook Sticky ginger cake estimated approx 10 mins.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Sticky ginger cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Sticky ginger cake use 13 type of material and 9 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
My granny used to make this for my dad – he loved ginger cake – I think about him every time I make it 🙂
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Sticky ginger cake:
- Sticky ginger cake:
- 4 oz butter
- 3 oz light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dark treacle or 1 oz dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz cake/SR flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 3 piece stem ginger in syrup roughly chopped (you can buy this ready made in jars)
- Stem ginger in syrup:
- 9 piece ginger thinly peeled and about 1 inch across and blanched by dipping into boiling water for 20 seconds (do this 3 times with a couple of minutes in between)
- 2 oz granulated sugar
- 1/4 pints boiling water
Steps to make Sticky ginger cake
- To make the stem ginger in syrup: put the sugar and boiling water in a small pan. Add the 9 pieces of ginger, bring back to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Add tablespoons of water if it reduces too far. Bottle, cool and refrigerate until needed. This is now preserved and will will keep for a few months after opening
- To make the cake: put butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and cream together.
- Beat in the dark treacle or dark brown sugar
- Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat then in until you have a smooth batter
- Sift the flour, ginger and mixed spice into the batter, then add ¾ of the stem ginger straight on top of the flour and fold in roughly. It's ok for the batter to now be lumpy
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf tin. I put a strip of greaseproof paper across as in the picture and lightly grease the sides. This makes it easy to lift out.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180ºC
- Remove from oven and slowly drizzle syrup from the ginger jar over the top of the cake sprinkle over the remaining chopped ginger
- Lift from tin and cool on rack. Nice warmed up with custard, cream or ice-cream
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Sticky ginger cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!